This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

XBee WiFi

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I seem to have 2 questions related to the XBee WiFi module:

1. It appears that this library is more focused on the RF communication between 2 XBees. There does not seem to be much around the WiFi. Is that in the pipeline and being worked on?
  2. How difficult would it be to provide a plumbing mechanism to the Microsoft.SPOT.Net library so that the brunt of work can be taken up by that library?

I own a FEZ Cerbuino Bee board with a XBee socket on board and an XBee WiFi module, but haven't got the XBee WiFi working.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2012 at 7:46 AM
dchitnis wrote: It appears that this library is more focused on the RF communication between 2 XBees.

This is not true. This library is designed to work with any number of XBee 802.15.4 or Zigbee modules. You can communicate between more than just two modules.

dchitnis wrote:
  1. There does not seem to be much around the WiFi. Is that in the pipeline and being worked on?
  2. How difficult would it be to provide a plumbing mechanism to the Microsoft.SPOT.Net library so that the brunt of work can be taken up by that library?

Ad1. We will support WiFi as we have those modules. If you want you can contribute this or just wait till we provide it for you.

Ad2. This library can't reference Microsoft.SPOT.Net assembly as it's not present on small .NET Micro Framework boards. Maybe a third library could be created that would allow to use XBee via Microsoft.SPOT.Net classe but I don't know if there are any extension points available there. If someone has any ideas how to do this please share.