This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem connecting with Xbee except if opening X-CTU first

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Hi! I've been using your library for a while and I seem to have some connectivity issues. When starting my application using you library it fails. If I open X-CTU first and then close it and run my application after it works... When it doesn't run I get an XbeeTimeoutException on ReadConfiguration in NETMF.OpenSource.Xbee.XbeeApi.ReadConfiguration at Config = XbeeConfiguration.Read(this).

My coordinator is running firmware 21A7 and I've set it to API mode 2. I'm developing for .NET 4.0/.NET 4.5 on Windows 8 but I also run the software on Raspian on a Hard Float Mono 3.4.1. As a workaround for the connectivity issues I was having I changed the number of readAttempts to 2500 and eventually the module would connect, but on the Raspberry Pi this was quite cumbersome and resource intensive. If you could give me a pointer at where to look at or share similar experience with modules only working correctly after using XCTU to read the settings please let me know!
Apr 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM
DJFliX wrote:
Hi! I've been using your library for a while and I seem to have some connectivity issues. When starting my application using you library it fails. If I open X-CTU first and then close it and run my application after it works... When it doesn't run I get an XbeeTimeoutException on ReadConfiguration in NETMF.OpenSource.Xbee.XbeeApi.ReadConfiguration at Config = XbeeConfiguration.Read(this).

My coordinator is running firmware 21A7 and I've set it to API mode 2. I'm developing for .NET 4.0/.NET 4.5 on Windows 8 but I also run the software on Raspian on a Hard Float Mono 3.4.1. As a workaround for the connectivity issues I was having I changed the number of readAttempts to 2500 and eventually the module would connect, but on the Raspberry Pi this was quite cumbersome and resource intensive. If you could give me a pointer at where to look at or share similar experience with modules only working correctly after using XCTU to read the settings please let me know!
Oh, the actual exception is caused by ApiMode.Read() returning an empty response. RequestBase.GetResponse() has an empty var responses after doing var responses - Invoke().EndReceive(TimeoutValue);. It nearly seems that the Xbee module expects some kind of 'wake up' message that it does get from XCTU but not from your library (and my code).